Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Anime Review: Tokyo Ghoul


The last anime I've watched was "Tokyo Ghoul" by the director Shuhei Morita. The anime is inspired by the manga with the same name created by Sui Ishida.


The setting is a dark Tokyo who has problems with ghouls, people forced to eat other people for survive. The plot talks about a boy, Ken Kaneki, who becomes a ghoul after an accident. After this accident he meets other ghouls who don't eat other living people, but only suicide victims. At the end of the first series, Kaneki is subjected to a very strong event and change completely his mood. Starting with the second series, he decides to leave his friends and reach a corporation of ghoul called Tree of Aogiri. They want exterminate all the CCG, a human organization that want to kill all the ghouls.


Many friends of mine and my boyfriend, told me "don't watch it, it's not so good", but I didn't listened to them. And the result was that in three or four days I devoured both the series (the second one in only one day)! Well, where I can start from? It's a shonen anime, my favourite gender. It contains strong psychological themes, so it isn't really for children. Especially the last two episodes of the first series, I felt really emotionally bed (and I'm not so sensitive). Does it has a happy ending? I can't really say yes. But I can't say not. It's an open ending, where you can imagine how does it finish with some limits, sure. Opening and ending themes are all good, but the best is the first opening, as usual.


Have you seen it? What do you think about it? For those who still hasn't watched...watch it!
Have a nice week! ^_^
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment