Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Anime Review: Serial Experiments Lain

I was looking for new cyber-punk animes that inspired me something for my new Pathfinder's campaign and I found a really beautiful one.

Serial Experiments Lain talks about a tranquil, but strange girl. She is Lain and she goes to school as each young boy and girl of her age. Her family is a normal family: mother, father and a sister. Lain is a bit solitary and isn't so interested on computers or the Net, till she knows there is another girl called Lain and that she is alike her. Now Lain, looking for the other Lain, starts to travel into the Weird, where she finds God (or someone called God).

I liked a lot this anime, for two reasons in particular: strange shadows' special effects that give to the series a special cyber atmosphere. The second reason is the philosophies that are exposed; they talk about topics like "If more people believe in something that doesn't really exist, dose that something become real?" and others. I really liked it, even if I understood it only at the lasts 2 or 3 episodes.

Well, now go and see it and leave comments below XD
Have a nice week!
Emily.

No comments:

Post a Comment