Wednesday, August 5, 2015

The books for my summer

The library of my village will close from 10th to 22nd of August, so I thought to get some books on loan before the closing.

The first I decided to get was "Authority" by Jeff Vander Meer who was setted aside by my friend Silvana, the librarian. It is the second book of a trilogy talking about a special vegetable area called "Area X". It is a mix between fantasy and sci-fi, really interesting!
The second one was "Abraham Lincoln, vampire hunter", by Seth Grahame-Smith. It's a biografic, historic and horror romance who talk about the president Abraham Lincoln like a vampire hunter.
The others came from classical litterature: "Therese Raquin" written by Emile Zola, "La Dame aux càmelias" by Alexandre Dumas and a collection of shot stories by Philip K. Dick (the same who wrote "Dr. Futurity")

I'm a lover of reading and you?
Will you read something during the remaining summer? What will you read? I am always hunting new titles to read. Give me yours, I will be happy to know new books ^_^

Have a nice week!
Emmy Iyuko

2 comments:

  1. Hi lovely!!! What a beautiful choice of books for the summer reading!!! I've just finished " The girl on the train" and yesterday I bought a new book that I'm looking forward to start: The Love Song of Miss Queenie Hennessy...it seems very nice!!!
    A big hug from Dublin!
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martina! ^_^ Your two books seems very interesting, especially "The love song of Miss Queenie Hennessy". I'll wait a comment from you, meanwhile I will have a look about it here in Italy.
      Kisses
      Emily

      Delete