Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Netflix Series Review: The Queen's Gambit

 

Image source: https://bit.ly/2Yz947b

"The Queen's Gambit" is an original Netflix series and based on a novel of the same name written by Walter Tevis.

The story talks about Beth Harmon, an orphaned chess prodigy on her rise to the top of the chess world while struggling with drug and alcohol dependency. It's set between the 1950s and 1960s.

I really devoured this series, a little slow at the beginning, but fast and fast on going on.
I liked the protagonist character, enigmatic and sophisticated, and, in my opinion, the actress they chose was perfect for the role.

Chess' world is fascinating. It's a war art played into the mind of players before that in the chessboard. I've played lots of time against my sister and boyfriend, but it's a board game that's not for me. It needs too much focus and when I play something I completely turn off my brain, haha.

Have you seen the series? What do you think about it? Have you ever played chess? Do you like it? If you were a chess prodigy, what would you do? Let me know in the comments.


Night blesses you all

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment