Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Trillogy Review: The Hobbit

I love fantasy and I can't think to a world without it. "The Hobbit" is one of my favourite film trillogies.

It's the prequel of "The Lord of the Rings" and it talks about the adventures of Bilbo Beggins. Bilbo leaves his tranquil hobbit hole and starts to travel with a fellowship of 13 dwarves and a sorcerer. The dwarves want to regain their home which has been stolen by an enormous dragon. Bilbo and Gandalf, the sorcerer, want to help the dwarves. During the travelling Bilbo meets Gollum and steels him a ring which is able to make people invisible.

I like Tolkien's fantasy. It's a bit different from the D&D's fantasy, but non so much. Goblins are mad, trolls are stupid and orcs are aggressive. Maybe, orcs are smaller than the D&D ones, but I thin they're good enough.
There is only one mistake in the films, and it's a common mistake. The dragon isn't really a dragon, it's a wyvern. Wich is the main difference between the two races? Dragons have four paws while wyverns have only two paws. Wyverns don't have anterior paws!
Despite this mistake, I really liked  all the three films. I loved in particular the hate between dwarves and elves and I loved the characterization of dwarves. They're simply perfect. Subborn, wise and friendly (except with elves) and fighters. Beautiful!

Have you seen it? What do you think about? Let me know you opinion in the comments.

Have a nice week.
Emily.

No comments:

Post a Comment